CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 08, 2007

JUNE 8, 2007 INTERVIEWS & PRELIMINARY SWIMSUIT COMPETITION (ST. PAUL, MN)








Today was the Interview competition as well as the Preliminary Swimsuit competition. Both events were held at the Embassy Suites Hotel in downtown St. Paul. I arrived at 12:30 to meet this year's judges and we really have a terrific panel, including former Mrs. Minnesota 1989 and QVC shopping host Mary Beth Roe, former Mrs. Minnesota 1986 Grace Pridal-Peters, former Mrs. Oklahoma and Mrs. America 1990 Jennifer Bullard, reigning Mrs. Georgia Robin Mason, Dale Schmidt (CEO of Whittner & Company), and one more judge that is not listed in the program book (I can't remember her name but she is the owner of a local jewelry store). A great judging panel to be sure!

Interviews started right on time and the ladies looked terrific. I met up with Shannon Martin (Mrs. Wisconsin 2006) and we attended a brief orientation for the WI & IA contestants and then had to head out to the St. Paul cable television station where we had to record our farewell speeches. Shannon got a bit teary eyed as she read her speech, which took her by total surprise (I thought it was cute). Afterwards, we headed back to the hotel for a bite to eat while interviews finished up, and then went down for the Preliminary Swimsuit competition. The contestants looked fantastic and were ready to go! Competition wrapped up around 6:15 or so and I headed home to pack for our trip to the Bahamas (we leave first thing Sunday morning and I am far from ready!) Tomorrow is going to be a GREAT pageant and I hope to see you there! I will post photos and results from the Bahamas (provided my hubby's computer works!), so stay tuned...it has been a once-in-a-lifetime ride and I hope you've enjoyed taking it with me!

PHOTOS:
1) L to R: Danita Florance (Mrs. GA Assist. Director), Carl, Holly, and Faith just before Interviews start
2) Recording my farewell speech at the SPNN television studios
3) With contestants Tressa Avestruz, Deb Erpelding, and Jenn DeFoe after their interviews
4) Shannon Martin (Mrs. WI--far L) and I with contestants Katie Thiry and Nichoel Skramstad before their interviews.
5) Contestants before their interviews (L to R): Katina Schroeder, Barbara Kaiser, Shannon & I, Tina Godes, Lindsey Kurhajetz, and Bessie Giannakakis
6) Shannon & I pose with my dear friend Susan Jackson (Mrs. Wisconsin America 1996)...Sue is from my same hometown in northern Wisconsin and was my backstage helper last year!
7) With judge and former Mrs. America Jennifer Bullard...she looks like she could win today and she was Mrs. America 17 years ago! WOW!

0 comments: