CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 01, 2007

JUNE 1, 2007 BLOCKING REHEARSAL FOR MRS. MN PAGEANT (RICHFIELD, MN)












Tonight was the blocking rehearsal for the pageant, which was held at the Richfield Community Center in Richfield, MN. It was a little weird coming back as the outgoing queen. In some ways, it seems like it was YEARS ago that Matt & I were arriving for OUR final rehearsal, yet in other ways it seems like it was just a few weeks ago. Time sure is a funny thing...it is obviously always constant, yet sometimes it seems absolutely FLY by and other times it just seems to CREEP along. Ah, the musings of a soon-to-be "has been" queen! Things have been super busy for me as of late trying to get ready not only for this pageant, but for our upcoming trip to the Bahamas (we leave the day after the pageant at 8:30 a.m.). While I'm super excited for pageant weekend, I am REALLY looking forward to a week on the beach and some SERIOUS relaxation!

This year's pageant theme is "Dreamgirls," and so Tami Krause (Mrs. MN 2003 & Head Coach of the MN Vikings Cheerleaders) and her sister Kim Dorn (Mrs. MN 2005 & MVC assistant) choreographed a SUPER cute opening number to "I'm Looking for Somethin'" from the "Dreamgirls" soundtrack. The contestants picked up the number quickly and I think it is going to look terrific! Each contestant brought a dish to pass for a potluck dinner and I was impressed to see a number of the ladies enjoying dessert! Girls after my own heart! After dinner, the ladies continued rehearsing and I have to compliment the husbands on how patient they were (they were there to rehearse the Evening Gown portion of competition).

After rehearsals, directors Faith & Carl talked a bit about what to expect on pageant weekend, along with how the scoring system works, what the schedule was, etc. An annual tradition is that Carl always presents the outgoing queen with the first copy of the program book, so that was neat to finally see (especially since I designed the cover--I hope people like it!). I talked a bit to the girls about what to expect, my experiences, etc., and have to say that this is going to be one of the toughest years yet! I really do not know how these judges are going to pick a winner--there are so many qualified ladies! A few of the contestants asked me if I was sad that my year was nearly done, and I can honestly say that while I am a bit melancholy, I definitely am not "sad." Being the "queen" for just one year is exactly WHY it is so special...the analogy I use is that if it were Christmas everyday, it wouldn't be quite so exciting now, would it? It is someone else's turn to enjoy this incredible ride, and I can't wait to see who it is! Hope to see you there!

PHOTOS:
1) Me with all 14 contestants for Mrs. Minnesota-America 2007
2) With Wisconsin contestants Ellen Sendelbach (Mrs. Onalaska) and Penny Godbout (Mrs. Hudson)
3) Taking a break during rehearsal are L to R: Lindsey Kurhajetz (Mrs. Maple Grove), Nichoel Skramstad (Mrs. Minneapolis), me, and Tina Godes (Mrs. Eagan)
4) Shonna Ochu (Mrs. Buffalo) and I were partners in last year's opening number...the tall and short of it! :)
5) The patient husbands waiting in the wings (no complaining, I swear!)
6) Tami Krause (Mrs. MN 2003), me, and Faith snap a quick photo during rehearsals
7) Reminiscing with Kathy Thompson and her husband Tom about when she was Mrs. Minnesota 2001!
8) Eating cheesecake (really!) with Deb Erpalding (Mrs. Golden Valley), Janelle Zunker (Mrs. Hennepin County), and Lindsey Kurhajetz (Mrs. Maple Grove)
9 & 10) Contestants learning the opening number under the direction of Tami Krause (Mrs. MN 2003)

0 comments: